Stepped Side Face, Black Carborundum Top.
Black SureSteel® Carborundum stainless steel tactile indicator with flatback. Perfect for installation over substrates that cannot be drilled and is fixed to the substrate with adhesive. Concentric ring top, offering a market leading R13 slip resistance rating when tested to AS4586:2013. Meets all the requirements of AS1428.4.
Where a substrate can be drilled, it is recommend that SureSteel® Drill&Lock® Stainless Steel Tactile Indicators are used, as flatback tactiles are not suited to medium and heavy traffic situations.
Learn more about SureSteel® stainless steel tactile indicators, and the patented design features which makes it the highest quality tactile indicator available.
Product Details & Downloads
Please register to gain access to full product information and downloads.
Tactile Indicators must be installed in the manner prescribed in AS/NZS 1428.4 – If required, refer to your distributor for advice.
- Correctly position a AS1428.4 compliant flatback template (Available from CTA Group or your local SureSteel® distributor).
- Using the template as a guide, lightly scratch the surface in the location of each tactile stud with a scourer to provide greater adhesion.
- Wipe down the surface and re-position the Template.
- Wipe the back of each Tactile Stud with Adhesive Cleaner to remove any contaminants.
- Place a suitable amount of adhesive on the back of an individual Tactile Stud and place in the holes provided by the template. Apply firm even pressure to the Tactile Stud.
- After completing the installation the area should be barricaded off to ensure the adhesive dries prior to pedestrian traffic. The Adhesive cure time is 24 hours.
- 400 Tactile Studs are required per square metre.
For comprehensive installation instructions please contact CTA Group or your local SureSteel® distributor.