Austact® Tactile Indicators
The most trusted for railways
Austact® Manufactured from a UV resistant, engineering grade plastic that exhibits long life, extreme tensile strength and the highest abrasion/wear resistance of any other polymer.
Ten Year Warranty
18 Years Manufacturing in Australia
80kg Vertical Pull Strength
Hazard and Directional options
R11/P5 Slip Resistance for the life of the product
Since inception, the Austact tactile ground surface indicator (TGSI) was engineered with the explicit aim of manufacturing a product that meets world best practise. By utilising the very best-known high-performance polymers and advanced computer aided engineered design, we are proud to say, this has been achieved. Further, with over 15 years of service, we have no hesitation in standing by this exceptional product with a 10-year warranty.
Now-days Austact TGSIs are the preferred tactile cue used by most Australian rail authorities and is being used in some of the most discerning international rail networks such as Dubai Metro, Hong Kong Metro and UK Rail.
In recognition of this success, in 2018 the CTA Group purchased all rights to the Austact product and began investing heavily in modernising the manufacturing facility as well as research and development of highly efficient installation processes and equipment.
With 15 years in operation and the very best available product and installation processes and equipment the CTA Group has the skill and manpower to ensure large scale TGSI projects are completed to the highest possible standard and in the fastest possible timeframe.
Put simply, “we are the best at what we do”
Austact® Engineering Excellence
Development Of Sky Blue Austact Tactile Indicators
Since 1965, when the Japanese inventor Seiichi Miyake began advocating for the use of tactile guidance products as a means of orientating people with vision impairment, luminance contrast between the product and surrounding substrate was recognized as a critical component in the systems overall effectiveness. Given only 14% of people with a vision impairment are completely blind, luminance contrast still remains highly efficient in providing the remaining 86% with visual, as well as tactile cues. These cues both tactile and visual are used to warn pedestrians of impending hazards and also provide directional guidance to important landmarks such as bus stops, ticketing offices and the alike, especially in open urban environments.
When CTA first began designing tactile products in 2004, we recognised the importance of luminance contrast, and like Miyake, invested in the capacity to deliver a product that also provides superior luminance contrast for use in commercial buildings, as well as in high traffic applications such as railway stations, in fact all public areas. Nowadays, architects, builders and specifiers rely on our ability to not only measure and compare the luminosity of surfaces but also to develop products with very specific luminance values.
Recently, in collaboration with Transport New South Wales, CTA developed the Sky Blue Austact Tactile indicator for use at 4 railway stations, including: Glenbrook and Kingswood (Western & Blue Mountain Lines), North Strathfield platform 1 & 2 (Northern Line), and Liverpool Railway Station platform 1 (Southern Line). This product has now been adopted by Sydney Trains for use on all railway stations with asphalt platforms throughout Metropolitan Sydney & NSW.
Both Sydney Trains and Transport NSW have heralded this achievement as a significant milestone, delivering improved public access and a safer network. For us at CTA, it’s an example of how we deliver a fit-out that conforms with national standards but most importantly, delivers the general public a superior well performing asset, just how Seiichi Miyake would have expected.
As a specialist in the industry, CTA has the capacity to measure luminance contrast and provide a conformance guarantee, as well as the expert knowledge to develop products where necessary to meet specific requirements.
Want to compare all CTA Tactile Indicators?
Hazard, Directional, Inlaid, Retro-fit, Discrete?
CTA: Your Trusted Installation Contractor
CTA are renowned for providing a whole suite of complementary turn-key finishes. We provide a full range of products associated with compliance to AS1428, including tactile guidance products, safety stair edging, architectural entry matting, concrete surface treatments, car park fit-out solutions, commercial carpet/timber/vinyl and much more. Our highly trained and experienced installers will ensure your project is completed to the highest possible standard.